Delay module circuit board help

Jake_C

Joined Oct 6, 2021
Ok I’m very new hear. First post actually and it’s probably not in the right spot so I apologize. I’m very out of my element here. I have a “wiper delay module” it goes to the windshield wiper circuit in an old project vehicle of mine. They control the delay function of the wipers if that wasn’t obvious. They’re known to go bad and it’s hard to find working ones. I took it apart and it looks pretty simple but honestly I have no idea what I’m looking at. I figured it has to be fixable but I don’t know where to start or if it’s possible. Does that seem like a doable task? This is 80s technology by the way. Thanks in advance!DD57FC90-7EB9-4B47-AC19-01E312B5975C.jpeg51E45F50-A84F-46AD-8719-E5F469FD4E76.jpeg

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
This capacitor is corroded and it’s the same spot that was burnt looking. Maybe just replace the capacitor and go from there?
Definitely worth a try. Is that end of the capacitor bulging slightly.
The track looks OK.
The transistor below that capacitor is bent. Make sure that none of the wires are broken or shorted together.

Jake_C

Joined Oct 6, 2021
Definitely worth a try. Is that end of the capacitor bulging slightly.
The track looks OK.
The transistor below that capacitor is bent. Make sure that none of the wires are broken or shorted together.
Could be bulging yeah. I’ll check the transistor. I ordered new capacitors. 47uf 10v is what I read on the old one and that’s what I ordered. Not sure what the numbers mean. I assume 10v means 10 volts.