dc to dc converter without transformer

e1291426

Joined May 18, 2005
Hi,i am an electronics engineering student,and i need a dc to dc converter circuit design without transformer and op-amp,i mean only using transistors for amplification with the specifications:input:5v; output:6v minimum;power:supply a power of at least 200mw;input voltage tolerance:5v+5%; output tolerance:should be in the range of Voutput+5%.Please help me in a few days : :rolleyes:

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by e1291426@May 18 2005, 02:37 AM
Hi,i am an electronics engineering student,and i need a dc to dc converter circuit design without transformer with the specifications:input:5v; output:6v minimum;power:supply a power of at least 200mw;input voltage tolerance:5v+5%; output tolerance:should be in the range of Voutput+5%.Please help me in a few days : :rolleyes:
[post=7773]Quoted post[/post]​
Hmm... only way to step up the voltage w/o using a transformer is with an inductor.

You could very easily use the 5v input to trigger a 555 timer tuned to a lower harmonic of the Class C oscilation freq and just rectify the output. Since you have 5vac source, you could get 10vac output on the Class C. Rectify and throw a 6v Zener and ur good to go.

All this is fairly simple to design and build. You can google alot of this, but yo should be able to find Class Cs in your electronics book.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by Brandon@May 18 2005, 07:55 PM
Hmm... only way to step up the voltage w/o using a transformer is with an inductor.

You could very easily use the 5v input to trigger a 555 timer tuned to a lower harmonic of the Class C oscilation freq and just rectify the output. Since you have 5vac source, you could get 10vac output on the Class C. Rectify and throw a 6v Zener and ur good to go.

All this is fairly simple to design and build. You can google alot of this, but yo should be able to find Class Cs in your electronics book.
[post=7784]Quoted post[/post]​
This link gives a step-up convertor from 5v to over 13v. You could probably get down to 6V by changing the feedback pot.

http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt232.htm