DC to DC converter schematic comments and improvements

Jorj

Joined Sep 30, 2015
Hello folks, I've created a schematic for DC to DC converter using the isulated converter MGJ2 series by Murata - MGJ2D121505SC with output +15V/-5V
I'm looking for excelent filtering on the output for lowest possible noise. Please give recommendations/comments of the used values (capacitors, inductors), schematic.
All values I've taken from dug similar schematics over the web, no formulas whatsoever.
All electrolytic caps - polymer caps, 20V rating, on the +15V output -> 25V
All 100nF caps - ceramic MLCC X7R 50V

Attachments

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hello folks, I've created a schematic for DC to DC converter using the isulated converter MGJ2 series by Murata - MGJ2D121505SC with output +15V/-5V
I'm looking for excelent filtering on the output for lowest possible noise. Please give recommendations/comments of the used values (capacitors, inductors), schematic.
All values I've taken from dug similar schematics over the web, no formulas whatsoever.
All electrolytic caps - polymer caps, 20V rating, on the +15V output -> 25V
All 100nF caps - ceramic MLCC X7R 50V
Hi, Jorj... Welcome.

You could add an LC filter to the output. Here is a short write up.

http://www.ti.com/lit/an/sbva012/sbva012.pdf

Jorj

Joined Sep 30, 2015
In the datasheet it's described more efficient and ... cheaper PI filter.
Suggested approach requires only 2xCaps at 1uF and 2xChokes 100uH and the switching frequency my converter use is similar (45kHz vs 150khz) so I could use that instead, at least is properly calculated and cheaper, right?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
In the datasheet it's described more efficient and ... cheaper PI filter.
Suggested approach requires only 2xCaps at 1uF and 2xChokes 100uH and the switching frequency my converter use is similar (45kHz vs 150khz) so I could use that instead, at least is properly calculated and cheaper, right?
You should calculate the inductors and caps for your frequency. They will be larger.

Jorj

Joined Sep 30, 2015
Ok thanks I've changed the values accordingly (low pass filter) at 1Khz, should do the job.1.png