DC Motor Slow Start Circuit

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There was a thread a couple of months ago about a vehicle for a small girl and they used an electronic switching,(PWM) speed controller to vary the speed, so that as the hand throttle was turned it would go faster. That control device was not terribly expensive and it worked out very well. So the driver would have a variable speed control instead of a "firing pin" like some dragsters. The excitement from doing a burn-out when I was just trying to move a parked car a few feet is amazing. I didn't know it was a dragster. No damage done and my friends all got a laugh.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Post No2 ! :confused:
Max.
There is a very big difference between a soft start arrangement and a variable speed control input circuit. I am talking about a system that allows driving at a lower speed, NOT a system that is an OFF/ON control with a ramp up to max speed. Slowing for turns is a reflex that a variable speed drive allows. That was accomplished by means of a variable speed control module and a variable hand-throttle control, like on a motorcycle.
In this installation it would be a foot pedal control, I think.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That is exactly what I suggested if using the Ebay device, Which has both soft start and acceleration pot. :confused:
Included in post #17 for incorporating the pot into the accelerator pedal !
This would defeat spinning wheels if the pedal was floored etc.
Max.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
speed control instead of a "firing pin" like some dragsters.
That is a routine description of trying to throttle a super nigh performance engine just off of idle. If you ever get a chance to drive a car like that you will understand what I mean.
You are again so full of it. Anyone who has ever been around any type of high performance cars, bikes or any other racing, can see you never have been.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
You are again so full of it. Anyone who has ever been around any type of high performance cars, bikes or any other racing, can see you never have been.
It is always made as a joke sort of comment. As in "that car does not have a gas pedal, it has a firing pin!" And I have ridden in a "7 second" car that a friend was driving on the streets and the comparison is reasonable. So quite complaining, the remark is always in humor, not as technical description.