Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire Temp. Measurement

cwoodall

Joined Aug 12, 2005
I've just now noticed the Maxim/Dallas Semiconductor DS2760 IC and it's ability to support "daisey-chaining" of multiple thermocouples. I'd like to be able to do the same with pressure measurement. Has anybody had any experience with this? What devices and specific IC's would be required to set up a system like this? I'm fishing for info. and comments, or direction as to where to look.

Thanks,

Curtis

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by cwoodall@Aug 16 2005, 01:33 PM
I've just now noticed the Maxim/Dallas Semiconductor DS2760 IC and it's ability to support "daisey-chaining" of multiple thermocouples. I'd like to be able to do the same with pressure measurement. Has anybody had any experience with this? What devices and specific IC's would be required to set up a system like this? I'm fishing for info. and comments, or direction as to where to look.

Thanks,

Curtis
[post=9698]Quoted post[/post]​
hi curtis,

have your tried asking from the Maxim technical support team of your problem. I usually do that and they do respond. you just have to make follow-ups to elicit their immediate attention. :D :D

moz

cwoodall

Joined Aug 12, 2005
I did drop them a line, and requested a few samples as well. I'm going to mock up a little test rig and make up a board to see how it acts. I'm purely experimenting, trying to implement some things that will make life easier for our field guys. I do value the tech support that is available from the various vendors. I also know that there is know substitute for forums, peer groups, and just plain old 'try it and see how it works, go with your gut'.

Thanks,

Curtis