Custom Phone Case Production

airplane100000

Joined Aug 2, 2016
I will soon be in need of a custom phone case design, which will house a PCB beneath the phone.
That is, it will have some space between the phone and the case where a circuit board is placed.
Is anybody familiar with any potential manufacturer which could produce a cheap phone case (or a variant of an existing case) to these parameters?
If I find one that's suitable a mass procurement may be involved...

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
If you Google "electronic enclosures" a whole bunch of manufacturers come up-- Serpac, Bud, OKW, PacTec, Hammond, Polycase and many, many more. I've only dealt with PacTec for custom work, but I think many of the others do custom enclosures, too.

airplane100000

Joined Aug 2, 2016
If you Google "electronic enclosures" a whole bunch of manufacturers come up-- Serpac, Bud, OKW, PacTec, Hammond, Polycase and many, many more. I've only dealt with PacTec for custom work, but I think many of the others do custom enclosures, too.
Thanks for the tip, I looked briefly at the results and I'm not sure that these enclosures are suitable.
What I need is a literal cellphone case, similar to any case that one has on his smartphone for protection.
Only I need space to install a PCB in said case.
This is for a commercial product, so I would need to procure these cases in large number for a low price.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Thanks for the tip, I looked briefly at the results and I'm not sure that these enclosures are suitable.
What I need is a literal cellphone case, similar to any case that one has on his smartphone for protection.
Only I need space to install a PCB in said case.
This is for a commercial product, so I would need to procure these cases in large number for a low price.
One place only: China

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Perhaps mock one up first with a 3D printer? I expect that would be the cheapest way of getting the design optimised before committing to a bulk order. Surely even Chinese suppliers would demand a big minimum order quantity to justify making moulds etc?