Custom MUX implementation + more

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
Hello

The attached image is the block diagram for the project that I'm planning to build.
The copter itself and many of the components are already up and running (on their own at least).

My first question is the following.
I'm probably not going to find such a MUX off the shelf am I? Anyone can suggest what to implement it in?
The easiest is probably using an MCU. The I/O of the MUX is PWM.

Second question:
Would it be reliable/efficient to implement the roles of the AVR and MUX into the STM32? Or should I keep the as standalone systems?

I could implement the roles of both the AVR and the MUX in an fpga but that would be more expensive and
take up more real estate.

Any suggestions are welcome , thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
Hmm I realized that the MUX can probably be replaced by a much more primitve 8-transistor configuration

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
If the power supply and logic levels work out, you can do the mux with a CD74HCT4052.

Unless there is a pressing need to reduce the component count (weight, cost, etc.) it would probably be wise to absorb the MUX and AVr into the STM32 until everything is working.

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
Hmm , not sure if that's going to work . I'm probably going to start by implementing it in the AVR or STM32. Thanks anyway