Current regulation problem

oussema

Joined Jan 24, 2020
Is this by any chance a test system for the Delphi Diesel aftermarket group? Yhey owe me bigtime!
hhhhh, unfortunately, it is not. It is a tester for a service company that tests a variety of injectors. For the correct spray operation, there is a flow meter and for proper response time i don't have one for now. Have you got some experience in this field ?

I did two sorts of solenoid drivers. one gave a kick and went to a low power mode. Basically a linear design for a shutter activated by a rotary solenoid in a fiber optic light source that had plenty of ventilation.

The second was also for a shutter. very close to a 1mm thick $1000.00 USD glass filter. I was able to use an off the shelf PWM motor controller with slow start.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
hhhhh, unfortunately, it is not. It is a tester for a service company that tests a variety of injectors. For the correct spray operation, there is a flow meter and for proper response time i don't have one for now. Have you got some experience in this field ?
I have done the electronics for a couple of injector test stands, one went to an automotive company and the other to an injector development company. And I had a stint as a contractor working for Delphi Diesel in the injection system service equipment group. That was diesel injectors, though.
So now I am wondering if the tester you are creating uses a computer for control and data analysis. Having a computer would allow a whole lot of room for setting the test conditions for a check. And I hope that the tster uses Stoddard Solvent instead of gasoline, since the explosion proof wiring for gas systems is a royal burden to deal with, and the air purging systems add a whole lot of hardware and controls.
Being able to capture a profile of the drive current accurately adds a lot of value to the test results, and is possibly worth the effort, depending, of course, on the requirements of the client company.
And if you are using a computer I caution you to pay attention to voltage spikes coming in on both the A/D converter lines and the D/A lines controlling the drive waveforms.