CURRENT OUTPUT BOOST CIRCUIT DIAGRAM

jonskachi

Joined Oct 5, 2011
please i need a power supply with current output boost supply circuit diagram; 220 vac with low current input about 1 -3 amp and 12 -13.5 vdc output with about 10 to 15 amp boost output.i want to use it in a project to drive a higher system from a low current input source .Thank for helping me and waiting

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Your input and output power requirements are inconsistent. 220VAC times 1-3 Amperes gives 220 to 660 Watts. Your output power required is 120 to 202 watts. So you don't need a current boost. What you need is a suitable transformer, a bridge rectifier, a filter capacitor, a voltage regulator, and you're done.

Last edited:

jonskachi

Joined Oct 5, 2011
You input and output power requirements are inconsistent. 220VAC times 1-3 Amperes gives 220 to 660 Watts. Your output power required is 120 to 202 watts. So you don't need a current boost. What you need is a suitable transformer, a bridge rectifier, a filter capacitor, a voltage regulator, and you're done.
Thanks for your reply.But please could that solve the problem of boosting the current from small amp to larger amp to charge the system with higher current.please sir i would want you to give me complete the circuit diagram.Thanks and waiting

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
That looked pretty clear to me in the OP. Taking the max of the ranges:

Input 220V 3A

Output 13.5V at 15A

Bob
Reread my reply. 220V @ 3 amperes is enough to produce 13.5V out at 15 amperes even if the efficiency is only about 33%. You can find a circuit for this type of power supply all over the internet. Like this one:

https://ludens.cl/Electron/Ps20/Ps20.html

I would suggest a modern opamp to replace the archaic μA741, but as the author notes you may have to include some frequency compensation to reduce the bandwidth.

Last edited: