Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some help with this circuit. I'm trying to solve to for i(t) after the switch close, but I'm really stumped about how I would go about this.
I've tired a couple methods so far. The first being to try to solve directly for i, but I was unable to get any other variables in terms of it. The other thing I tried was to realize that i = Vc / 4 and try to set up a differential equation to get Vc, but this got me the wrong answer.
As far as initial conditions, it seems pretty straightforward:
Vs(0) = 0, Is(0) = 0
Vs'(0) = I / C = 0, Is'(0) = V / L = 80 A/s
Also, the final value for the current should be -2 amps as all the current will go through the resistor so I'm expecting a final result along the lines of
i(t) = -2 + ...
Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated!
I'm looking for some help with this circuit. I'm trying to solve to for i(t) after the switch close, but I'm really stumped about how I would go about this.
I've tired a couple methods so far. The first being to try to solve directly for i, but I was unable to get any other variables in terms of it. The other thing I tried was to realize that i = Vc / 4 and try to set up a differential equation to get Vc, but this got me the wrong answer.
As far as initial conditions, it seems pretty straightforward:
Vs(0) = 0, Is(0) = 0
Vs'(0) = I / C = 0, Is'(0) = V / L = 80 A/s
Also, the final value for the current should be -2 amps as all the current will go through the resistor so I'm expecting a final result along the lines of
i(t) = -2 + ...
Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
-
45.4 KB Views: 16