Current Dc Gear Motor

Gabriel Pianez

Joined Oct 2, 2016
Hello, how is the relationship between Voltage and Current at an DC gear ?
For example, if i have a 5V gear, with 1A, how may be my current if i put 10V ? The current will increase or decrease ?

Thanks

Ps: Dont'care about torque and load, i know that current changes if, we put a Load but i only know to want if my current will increase or decrease.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I recently did an empirical test on a 90vdc motor by raising the voltage from 0-90vdc while monitoring the current, there was zero load on the motor.
The current stayed a fairly constant 2 amps throughout, any increase over and above the maximum rated voltage will depend on the degree of self generated, BEMF voltage of the motor.
If it starts to drop, then the current will increase.
Max.

Gabriel Pianez

Joined Oct 2, 2016
I recently did an empirical test on a 90vdc motor by raising the voltage from 0-90vdc while monitoring the current, there was zero load on the motor.
The current stayed a fairly constant 2 amps throughout, any increase over and above the maximum rated voltage will depend on the degree of self generated, BEMF voltage of the motor.
If it starts to drop, then the current will increase.
Max.
Thanks for answer, then the current keep the same value, even that you reduce the voltage from 90 to 0, probably the effect will be the same ?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008