Current consumption

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
Hi,

What will be the current consumption (not supply current) when it is in the operational mode?. The datasheet link is provided below.

Last edited:

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
About 20mA into the Vdd pin and 10mA into the OVdd pin.
Easiest way to find it is to scan down the datasheet and look at any entries with "mA" in the units column.
You'll soon find supply current towards the bottom of page 6.
It varies with the sampling rate.

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
About 20mA into the Vdd pin and 10mA into the OVdd pin.
Easiest way to find it is to scan down the datasheet and look at any entries with "mA" in the units column.
You'll soon find supply current towards the bottom of page 6.
It varies with the sampling rate.
If I consider that the ADC is load to the Amplifier, such that, shall I consider the current which is described in page 6 (supply current) as a load current.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Are you using the output of the amplifier as the power source if the ADC? Because that is the only way the supply current would be a load on the amplifier.

Edit: Look at the “analog input leakage current,”I think that is what you are looking for.

Bob

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
What amplifier?
I'm not chosen the amplifier yet, in- order to chose the amplifier I would like to know the ADC current consumption, because some of the parameters of amplifier depends on the load current. In this case, the load is ADC.

Do you think that the supply current to be considered as a load current in this case?.

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
Are you using the output of the amplifier as the power source if the ADC? Because that is the only way the supply current would be a load on the amplifier.

Edit: Look at the “analog input leakage current,”I think that is what you are looking for.

Bob
Shall I consider that the “analog input leakage current” as load current in this case?.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I'm not chosen the amplifier yet, in- order to chose the amplifier I would like to know the ADC current consumption, because some of the parameters of amplifier depends on the load current. In this case, the load is ADC.

Do you think that the supply current to be considered as a load current in this case?.
I doubt it - where does you 5V supply come from?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Can you at least draw a block diagram?

I believe you are using the ADC to sample the output of an amplifier. If this is the case, the “load” on the amplifier is the minuscule input leakage current.

Bob

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
The load on the amplifier will be the 90pF input capacitance.
I would recommend a small resistance (24Ω) in series with the input (as per figure 6) to make sure that the capacitance doesn't send the amplifier unstable.

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
The load on the amplifier will be the 90pF input capacitance.
I would recommend a small resistance (24Ω) in series with the input (as per figure 6) to make sure that the capacitance doesn't send the amplifier unstable.
I think your not understand my question. Please, don't make me confuse. I knew that you guys have many years of experience. As I told you previously I have not chosen the amplifier, then why you are considering the amplifier in the datasheet. I jest asked that what is the value of current consumption of the component?. I think this is a very small and direct question. Please please don't make confuse me.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
You asked for the current consumption of the device - it's 10mA into OVdd and 20mA into Vdd. That's what is says in the datasheet. That is the load that the ADC presents to the LDO regulator.

Then you tell us that the ADC is a load on the amplifier. We believe that this means you can connecting the ADC inputs to the output of an amplifier. The load that the ADC presents to the amplifier is 90pF.

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
Then you tell us that the ADC is a load on the amplifier. We believe that this means you can connecting the ADC inputs to the output of an amplifier. The load that the ADC presents to the amplifier is 90pF.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, it is connecting the ADC inputs to the output of an amplifier. Then why you bring the capacitor in the middle of this conversation. Where you see this capacitor value in the datasheet?. Please can you tell me the load current (ADC current) instead of capacitor value.

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
No, I think you do not understand enough to ask the question. You completely changed the question between post #1 and #3.

Bob
Ok, Im sorry. I haven't change the question intentionally, I thought two ways, and then I asked my question in two different ways. Now I understand. My apologies.