current between collector and emitter

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Yet another site/forum where the Senior Members make cynical remarks on new persons just trying to learn.

I'll spend an hour drawing the schematic, then I'll take it to another site.

Bye.
I understand your perception, but it isn't warranted. The problem is that electronics is complex, it is not simple. And unfortunately, one of the greatest problems most people have in electronics is being unable to describe and teach things in a newbie terms because there is so much that needs explained before-hand. Frequently 'Senior Members' focus on the problem, because the want to solve it, but they need specific pieces of info to answer all sorts of other questions in their mind. You have lots of questions, more than you realize, and until you get some grounding in some knowns, some givens, some absolutes, that's going to continue to be difficult.

I would hope that you would not leave, but would stick around. Don't ignore all resources that are available to you to learn, if you do, you simply hamper your efforts. As you learn more, you will begin to realize more about the answers you've been given and your perspective will change.

Current can flow in any direction, but there are consequences based on how a component is designed. The only guarantee you have is the electrons always flow from GROUND towards POSITIVE. That is physics, plain and simple.

As for schematics, believe me, you want to learn to draw them- and there are MANY fine tools online, or even free softwares available that will allow you to draw neat and clean schematics. Even simulators (like EveryCircuit) which can not only let you save or screenshot the schematic, but will be an invaluable aid to you in allowing you to actual test and run circuits in simulation EASILY. And they will show you all kinds of things you would otherwise not be able to necessarily have access to as a beginner- scope, DMM, ohmmeter, and ammeter readings, live as the circuit is running, including electron flow directinos and intensities.

Providing a schematic answers lots of questions so you don't have to. It gives people a reference to go back to while they think of other things, and allows them a way to replicate and test what you're doing so they and experience what you're experiencing. If you are serious about electronics, you need to get used to creating schematics- not just for others, but for yourself and for every project you do so you have a reference as to how you built something, why you did it the way you did it and can have notes with it for calculations or thermal considerations, etc.

If you walk away from this site with only one take away, I hope that it will be to download the EveryCircuit app, which will also work on your phone or PC (using chrome), giving you probably one of the best learning tools you'll find at this stage. And it is free to try, even to use indefinitely if you sign up, I believe.

http://everycircuit.com