Current amplify 500 Vac/100 mA to 500 Vac/5 A.

Kim-S9

Joined Feb 18, 2018
Hello, i need your help.
I need to amplify a low current (100mA) voltage signal to a higher current without changing the voltage. The voltage output operates a machine that requires 5A to work. The voltage is approximately 500V A.C
Kindly help me with a circuit that can enable me archive this or something close to this.
Thank you!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Mother nature (and the energy conservation law of physics) does not let you generate 2500W from a 1250W source.
You need a source of at least 2500W.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Hello, i need your help.
I need to amplify a low current (100mA) voltage signal to a higher current without changing the voltage. The voltage output operates a machine that requires 5A to work. The voltage is approximately 500V A.C
Kindly help me with a circuit that can enable me archive this or something close to this.
Thank you!
You're not understanding the relationship between current and voltage. It is a reciprocal relationship.* If one goes up, the other must go down. And vice version. If you are intending to maintain voltage a specific level, while increasing current ten times what it is, you need to draw this extra current from somewhere other than the 502VAC you're working from, because your 502VAC @ 100mA is max.

Law of Conservation of Energy.

*You may think you see example that defy this, but that would be because the output is being -regulated- by a change in one or the other to provide what you're seeing.