Curiosity about Rhode&Schwartz

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Today read through the new Rhode&Scwartz article here at AAC website entry https://sub.allaboutcircuits.com/white-papers/Increasing-test-coverage_ac_3608-6277-92_v0100.pdf

Thought I shall find there a Highest Wisdom as it belongs to this oscilloscopy supermogul imige.
But deep regret. Seems they havent knowledge that there are up to 1300 Volt difference between both shoulder grounds. None method except the optical probes may solve this problem. And about that in presentation is said no a single word. Whats that, do the Rh&Schw loose their sharpness???

TechWise

Joined Aug 24, 2018
I think this is really just showing off the triggering software. I'm sure they sell isolated probes of various types that can address the problems you've highlighted with the high-side source not being at the same potential as the low-side source.

We use a Tektronix IsoVu rig with optically isolated probes for this sort of thing. I'm sure Rhode and Schwartz offer something similar.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Yepp, but the price. However inside is nothing dedicated expensive, just input on some fet and output on lcd driven glass-fiber. Biggest problem there is jump over the 1GHz - that is indeed tricky.