CS5460A module + ESP32

anandhuskumar

Joined May 14, 2014
Hi,
I want to measure the current and voltage using a diymore CS5460A module. I am new to this and I have no idea about the connection. Size of the whole setup is important, as I need it to be as small as possible. Does it need any transformers to connect to the input pins (VIN & IIN)? Can anyone please help me on this with a circuit diagram? Thank you.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
According to the datasheet:
"CS5460A the current can be measured using a low-cost shunt or transformer Voltage is measured with a voltage divider resistor or a voltage transformer "

Shunt voltage for current measurement = ±100mV or ±500mV
Sample voltage for voltage measurement = ±500mV

Example circuits in the attached datasheet.

So what current/voltage are you planning on measuring? If you are new to this, don't even think about mains voltage measurements if that's your plan...

Attachments

Last edited:

anandhuskumar

Joined May 14, 2014
According to the datasheet:
"CS5460A the current can be measured using a low-cost shunt or transformer Voltage is measured with a voltage divider resistor or a voltage transformer "

Shunt voltage for current measurement = ±100mV or ±500mV
Sample voltage for voltage measurement = ±500mV

Example circuits in the attached datasheet.

So what current/voltage are you planning on measuring? If you are new to this, don't even think about mains voltage measurements if that's your plan...
Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid, that is exactly my plan. I need to measure the power consumption of devices that runs on 230V AC mains. I have already tried it using the ACS712 sensor, but the reading seems to be a bit unreliable. I need a more reliable, accurate solution, but it needs to be small. I hope this CS5460 module can do that. Please help. Thank you.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
The module can do it but you'll need a current transformer and a voltage transformer. Whilst smaller physically I would avoid a non-isolated current shunt/voltage-divider arrangement - its just not safe. Also be aware that the module is just a carrier for the chip; you still need to provide all the input filtering and support circuitry shown in the data sheet.