Creating IC symbol on LTSPICE

ayushijthakkar

Joined Dec 27, 2018
I am new to LTSpice . I am trying to simulate DRV8301 , which IC symbol is not available in component list.
I tried to create IC symbol by using Draw tool and adding Pin/Ports.
But I think I need to develop logic (develop library) of IC logic also along with symbol.

I will be grateful if someone can let me know procedure to develop IC symbol correctly and use it for simulation. Link to tutorial would be good.

I was getting error "Infinite subckt recursion" when I just tried to simulate IC(draw symbol of IC) with rest of circuit (Resistor and capacitors)

ayushijthakkar

Joined Dec 27, 2018
I got this files but it does not contain definition of all the pins in .lib file.

When I tried to build the model , it just have 5 pins and I want 100 pin IC definition
upload_2018-12-27_14-13-39.png

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Then you need to modify the symbol to add the pins you need, as shown below:
Use the Edit: Add Pin/Port (or press the "P" key) to add pins.
Right click on the pins to change their designation/characteristics.

upload_2018-12-27_13-10-8.png
Note that the pin sequence corresponds to the node sequence (not necessarily the number) in the .subcircuit line in the model file
It also does not usually correspond to the package pin designation.
For example below, in+ is pin 1, and OUT is pin 5.

upload_2018-12-27_13-30-16.png

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I am new to LTSpice . I am trying to simulate DRV8301 , which IC symbol is not available in component list.
I tried to create IC symbol by using Draw tool and adding Pin/Ports.
But I think I need to develop logic (develop library) of IC logic also along with symbol.

I will be grateful if someone can let me know procedure to develop IC symbol correctly and use it for simulation. Link to tutorial would be good.

I was getting error "Infinite subckt recursion" when I just tried to simulate IC(draw symbol of IC) with rest of circuit (Resistor and capacitors)
Hi

That's a complicated part to try to build a model and simulate. It would be much quicker to buy the part and breadboard.
Otherwise...I see TI has a Tina spice model for the part...you might try asking TI if they can provide an unencrypted pspice version of the part. Then you might be able to convert it for use in LTspice.

You could also download free TINA-TI simulator from the TI web site and use the TINA model.

eT

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The TINA spice model for that part is un-encrypted, but complex. Adapting it for LTspice would be very time-consuming. In view of the complexity I'd guess that the simulation would run very slowly.