Creating an electromagnetic generator

DC_Kid

Joined Feb 25, 2008
If you research actual EMP generators at all you will find them much more complex than a power source, a capacitor, and a coil—and I am not talking about the safety enhancements mentioned.
I think in general the math for it is rather simple.
The practical application is way more complex.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I think in general the math for it is rather simple.
The practical application is way more complex.
If the TS was doing math that might matter. Building something that actually does what the simplified math suggests is possible is a different domain. In that case, the math isn’t only the math you are referring to but all the other interactions caused by actually making a physical model.

The TS can’t even read a schematic, I don’t think the math is part of this particular universe.

DC_Kid

Joined Feb 25, 2008
If the TS was doing math that might matter. Building something that actually does what the simplified math suggests is possible is a different domain. In that case, the math isn’t only the math you are referring to but all the other interactions caused by actually making a physical model.

The TS can’t even read a schematic, I don’t think the math is part of this particular universe.
Yes, agreed. Math, Physics, and then actual fabrication of the stuff, the last two will be very difficult for most.

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
Another attempt to build a harmful devices?? In this case I think there will be more harm to the user than anything this is pointed at... High voltage and so on... don't get into this stuff if you don't know exactly what youre doing.

DC_Kid

Joined Feb 25, 2008
Another attempt to build a harmful devices?? In this case I think there will be more harm to the user than anything this is pointed at... High voltage and so on... don't get into this stuff if you don't know exactly what youre doing.
Harmful? Need a better word there. Is cell tower Rf "harmful".

Many discoveries have been made in science while not knowing exactly what the person was doing. I do suggest doing homework though.

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
Harmful? Need a better word there. Is cell tower Rf "harmful".

Many discoveries have been made in science while not knowing exactly what the person was doing. I do suggest doing homework though.
If the attempt is to fry a laptop, own one or someone elses, I call it harmfull act. Cell tower hardly can fry anything.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually there is something you could make it's called a Tesla Coil. Not directional and dangerous as hell (and I don't usually cuss). Given its danger level and your level of expertise I doubt if you will get any help on this site building one.

Last edited: