Creating a custom usb C to usb A power cable from QI receiver

Dyer!

Joined Apr 8, 2023
Hi.

I’m new here…still trying to find my way around…but thanks in advance for any support.

For the past couple years, I’ve been running wall mounted fire tablets for my home automation. I’ve made the install nice and clean by taking a qi micro usb receiver, cutting it half, ditching the coil end, and then wiring the little button micro usb end to a usb A that plugs into a power source hidden in a wall box. Ive attached a picture.

I’ve recently purchased a refurbished Samsung galaxy a7 lite that has a usb C port. I figured I’d do the same thing, but was a bit surprised when I opened up the qi receiver I bought. I found 3 wires, not 2 or 4 like I was expecting. Attached is a picture. Once I cut off the qi board and have only the wires, do you have any idea how to wire this 3 wire cable to a standard 2 wire usb A like I did before? I plan on using the power supply that came with the galaxy a7 if possible.

Thanks in advance!!

tempImageMMPhvF.giftempImagecqVpHH.gif

Dyer!

Joined Apr 8, 2023
Hi. I need the end connection that comes with the qi receivers. I don’t know what they are officially called, but I call them “button” connectors. I know there are a plethora of 90 degree adapters out there but the ones that come with qi receivers are truly invisible and allow for a perfectly flush mount against the wall. I can’t find “button” cables by themselves, which is why I buy qi receivers from eBay for a couple bucks then chop them in half. See attached for the setup on my fire tablets.

Thanks for the interest.

C9333E3D-27F4-415E-9616-77674262A81C.jpeg