CP2130 configuration application for Linux

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Hi,

Just to announce that I've recently released a Linux application to configure CP2130 devices. It comes a bit late, due to the less than ideal decision from Silicon Labs to discontinue the chip on such a short notice, while erasing any traces of its existence, including the AN792 application note.

Anyway, the program is mature and can be used without issues, under typical circumstances. There is a known bug where the application won't rediscover the device if you introduce non-ASCII characters in the serial number and then press "Write", but that is because the application is searching for the wrong serial number, despite it being correctly written to the device. It is a conversion issue (between the UTF-16 string written to the corresponding descriptor area and the ASCII string that is used during search) and it will be fixed in the upcoming version 1.1.

cp2130-conf-appimage.png

Anyway, the application is available on GitHub and GitLab, and can be downloaded as a tarbal, which you can install/compile automagically, or as an AppImage ready to run. I recommend the first approach, unless you have already the required dev rules applied. The default Silicon Labs access rules should suffice. Search for "cp2130-conf" either on GitLab or GitHub. Or just refer to "bloguetronica/cp2130-conf".

I hope this is useful to anyone.

Last edited:

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Here are some screenshots of the new version of the application:

CP2130Conf-1.png

CP2130Conf-2.png

CP2130Conf-3.png

You can see that this application allows you to configure every parameter that there is to configure on the CP2130. The last tab is a bit cryptic, but follows the Silicon Labs application regarding masks. The original intent was to put a checkbox for every pin that needs to be configured on every situation, but that would require 16 x 4 - 3 checkboxes. It would take too much space, and the window would be too big to be non-resizable. Resizable windows require other considerations and are more difficult to implement.

Anyway, hope you like this tool! Any bugs found? Please, report.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Hi, I've just released version 1.2. The code is cleaner, with significant improvements regarding the handling of errors and messages. Enjoy!

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Version 1.5 is now released! This version installs without issues on Devuan, or on any other systemd-free distribution that uses eudev as a service.

CP2130Conf-Devuan.png