course on railway engineering

MKY

Joined Feb 18, 2015
hello everyone,
can you suggest me any website that gives me complete details on railway towards electrical engineering?(videos,pdfs if any ..complete materials from basics)..

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There are so many dept's that you would have to narrow it down, there is the Locomotive, both diesel/elec and overhead powered.
There is track and signal control, Rail testing, Railroad component part assembly and manuf such as CNC plant machinery.
What country do you wish to operate in?
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Google comes up with Railroad Engineering courses and colleges but Railroad Electronics seems to be a subset of Railroad Engineering.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
My brother and I recently did a little retro-fit of some 1950's units from Ohio for Can Pac.
They needed Dynamic braking for operating in the Rockies.
The old DC brushed motors.
Max.

Attachments

Last edited:

MKY

Joined Feb 18, 2015
There are so many dept's that you would have to narrow it down, there is the Locomotive, both diesel/elec and overhead powered.
There is track and signal control, Rail testing, Railroad component part assembly and manuf such as CNC plant machinery.
Max.
thank you for your reply sir.. to be specific...i need to know more about over head powered lines...and the electrical equipment s used in those trains..etc...

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
My brother and myself recently did a little retro-fit of some 1950's units from Ohio for Can Pac.
They needed Dynamic braking for operating in the Rockies.
The old DC brushed motors.
Max.
They just don't make diesels anywhere near as pretty as those anymore.

MKY

Joined Feb 18, 2015
Max.
thank you for your reply sir.. to be specific...i need to know more about over head powered lines...and the electrical equipment s used in those trains..etc...
What country?
india...(i dont need this particularly..i want to know how those trains work and stuff like that)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am not sure if you are going to find extensive documentation on a web site, it is usually a case first of a formal study of electrical distribution and then seek out documentation from big names in this field is Brown-Boveri (ABB Group) and Siemens for two.
In N.A. GM is high on the list of technology, but not that many overhead systems in N.A.
Max.