Coupling factor in the ltspice.

Dragnovith

Joined Apr 16, 2021
Hi, I want to do a spice drift coupling. Where L1 and L2 have a coupling factor of 0.1. So I wanted to connect a third coil to this circuit with a 0.01 coupling.

Is it correct what I did? Why does it seem a little wrong to me.

1620586435626.png
1620586507415.png

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You have a 60Hz source but a simulation time of only 200 microseconds. Your coupling factors are very small too. What are you expecting?

Dragnovith

Joined Apr 16, 2021
You have a 60Hz source but a simulation time of only 200 microseconds. Your coupling factors are very small too. What are you expecting?
Yes, that yes. But I want to know about the coupling factor that I applied to the L3 inductor. If the way I did it was correct?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you read the LTspice Help on the subject, I get the definite impression that such extreme values have little or no connection to reality. I understand that it might be tempting to think that you are onto something meaningful, but take a step back and ask: "so what"?

Quote from LTspice Help:

K. Mutual Inductance
It is recommended to start a design with a mutual coupling coefficient equal to 1. This will eliminate leakage inductance that can ring at extremely high frequencies and slow the simulation, if damping is not supplied.

Did you at least adhere to the recommendation on damping?