Could someone please help me with (choosing a radio receiver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwo

Joined May 4, 2010
I just retired after having a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery.I need to buy an AM radio that works well to listen far away stations at night it's become my new hobby. Any help would be geatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for reading my message.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I just retired after having a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery.I need to buy an AM radio that works well to listen far away stations at night it's become my new hobby. Any help would be geatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for reading my message.
How much would you want to spend?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Here is a radio I would recommend highly. It's designed for "DX" that is, long distance listening, and it includes the shortwave bands which you might enjoy as well. It's not cheap, but it's the right tool.

You can pay more and get more, but if you outgrow this radio by extending your hobby to serious SWL, you will always find it a useful radio for portable use, and if it is enough, you will have a very good radio.

https://www.amazon.com/Tecsun-PL880-Conversion-Shortwave-Reception/dp/B00GJ51NVA/

Status
Not open for further replies.