Could not open file library on Ltspice

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
Hello,
this is not a third part component. this is a diode that I want to select from the LTspice library. but, it says it could not open the library file. I uninstalled the LTspice and then reinstalled it but the same error.
what can I do to be able to run the circuit with any diode?
lib.PNG

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Might be a corrupted file. There is also a standard.dio.bak file in that folder, might want to try using that one.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hello,
this is not a third part component. this is a diode that I want to select from the LTspice library. but, it says it could not open the library file. I uninstalled the LTspice and then reinstalled it but the same error.
what can I do to be able to run the circuit with any diode?
View attachment 190535
Hi

1. Verify that the standard.dio file exists at the path and folder displayed in the popup message.
2. What operating system are you using?

eT

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
Hi

1. Verify that the standard.dio file exists at the path and folder displayed in the popup message.
2. What operating system are you using?

eT
I am using Windows 7, after verifying the folder. it is the same as the one showed up in the popup message

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I am using Windows 7, after verifying the folder. it is the same as the one showed up in the popup message
Hi
What is the full folder path to your Documents folder?
Was the standard.dio file in the cmp\ folder?

Try each of these in the order shown below. One might fix it:

1.0 Sync release:
1.1 Tools->sync release

2.0. Re-create the .ini file:
2.1. Exit LTspice.
2.2. Temporarily rename the LTspiceXVII.ini file to LTspiceXVII_ini.saved. In Win10, it's in %APPDATA%\LTspiceXVII.ini. I don't know the file location on win7 so you'll have to search for this file on your system.
2.3. Re-Launch LTspice. The LTspiceXVII.ini file will be recreated.

eT

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
Hi
What is the full folder path to your Documents folder?
Was the standard.dio file in the cmp\ folder?

Try each of these in the order shown below. One might fix it:

1.0 Sync release:
1.1 Tools->sync release

2.0. Re-create the .ini file:
2.1. Exit LTspice.
2.2. Temporarily rename the LTspiceXVII.ini file to LTspiceXVII_ini.saved. In Win10, it's in %APPDATA%\LTspiceXVII.ini. I don't know the file location on win7 so you'll have to search for this file on your system.
2.3. Re-Launch LTspice. The LTspiceXVII.ini file will be recreated.

eT
the first method did not work, after i deleted the standard.io Now it is working

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
if you’re able to pick a diode, it must be configure to look for diode models elsewhere. it’s fine for now, if you need to expand your diode library you will have to figure out where.

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
no, I wanted just to select any kind of diode but seems impossible even after I uninstal the LTspic eand reisntalled it. seems there is a bug in the software

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I wanted just to select any kind of diode
You can only select diodes for which models exist in the library on a path where LTS expects to find them. If you have deleted the standard.dio library you should re-instate it in your Documents/..../cmp folder so that diodes within it can be selected.