Could anybody explain me the working of attched Capacitive Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
There is nothing attached but I reckon it sounds like a deadly supply design that goes against the police of this site anyway.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
There is nothing attached but I reckon it sounds like a deadly supply design that goes against the police of this site anyway.
Site police, eh? I don’t think the moderators are quite so officious.

But yes, I suspect capacitive dropper is the idea here. The way it works is by bringing the mains in contact with the hapless hobbyist and reducing our numbers by one.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
It does indeed sound like a supply where a capacitor is used instead of a transformer. If this is the case then any discussion is against the terms of the user agreement, part of which I have copied below. Such supplies are considered dangerous as there is no isolation from the mains supply.

Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010

Hi 87
Thread Closed.
Restricted topics
. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.