Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I don't understand?
What's the problem with letting people speak their mind....even if we don't agree ?????
It's the simple fact that if you are one of those that don't agree you get your post deleted. Or worse banned from the thread for ~9 months.

There are a few members that pass on "truthiness" claiming that, "oh, I'm not being political, I never meant what I said to be political". When if you look at what they say from the constant things they say, that is what they are doing.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It's the simple fact that if you are one of those that don't agree you get your post deleted. Or worse banned from the thread for ~9 months.

There are a few members that pass on "truthiness" claiming that, "oh, I'm not being political, I never meant what I said to be political". When if you look at what they say from the constant things they say, that is what they are doing.
Stop the paranoia of you being a special case.

Unknown to you because you can only see actions directed at you, you are not being picked on or singled out. The "truthiness" squad has posts deleted often as a response to political posts.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Stop the paranoia of you being a special case.

Unknown to you because you can only see actions directed at you, you are not being picked on or singled out. The "truthiness" squad has posts deleted often as a response to political posts.
It's easily enough to check, each post has unique ID. Some simple python web scraping says he's being paranoid. Any reason you are so motivated to dismiss his claims as paranoia?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am of the opinion that this thread should have been closed months ago. But I am a minority am amongst the staff. Anti science seems riff in the United states. A sad commentary on the IQ of the public IMO. Certain people use this to their advantage in politics, but let's not go there.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I am of the opinion that this thread should have been closed months ago. But I am a minority am amongst the staff. Anti science seems riff in the United states. A sad commentary on the IQ of the public IMO. Certain people use this to their advantage in politics, but let's not go there.
Well Wendy, on the bright side anyone who is unhappy living in the United States and is unhappy there are options. They can leave and find another country they like or they can use their power to vote. That is how it works.

As to the thread, the subject of the virus pandemic should be the only topic of discussion less the political nonsense. As to science? There is a good bit of disagreement on that note along with the virus. I do not see anyone here with a MD following their name. Obviously there is room for different opinion but there can't be one side telling the other my way or the highway.

Now as to the US? My country and anyone who starts going off on my country can expect me to go back at them. No country, including my own is perfect. Especially the cheap shots. So maybe we should all hone our social skills and act responsibly.

Ron

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Well Wendy, on the bright side anyone who is unhappy living in the United States and is unhappy there are options. They can leave and find another country they like or they can use their power to vote. That is how it works.
Really, you'd like to limit people to those two options - leave or vote? I thought I was free to write my opinions in the Press, free to speak, free to demonstrate, free to write letters to my congressman, free to....

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
As to science? There is a good bit of disagreement on that note along with the virus. I do not see anyone here with a MD following their name.
But there is at least one that wants people to THINK he has a real understanding of this. and many more topics discussed on this forum.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Sine this thread has two completely opposite sides that are not merging, I think is is time to close it.
Really, you'd like to limit people to those two options - leave or vote? I thought I was free to write my opinions in the Press, free to speak, free to demonstrate, free to write letters to my congressman, free to....
You are free to say what you like, as long as it does not endanger other people. Privately owned organizations are not required to repeat your opinions. Something some old politicians fail to recognize on several levels.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You are free to write your opinions just as Wendy is. You also need to accept conflicting opinions. Pretty simple. Now it would be nice to return to the topic at hand rather than look for arguments. You are also free to do everything you mentioned. Tolerance? That said politics have no place in this or most forums so leave them out.

What is so difficult about a focus on the pandemic and only the pandemic?

Ron

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc...lly-vaccinated-people-in-covid-hot-spots.html
Federal health officials still believe fully vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of transmission. Still, some vaccinated people could be carrying higher levels of the virus than previously understood and potentially transmit it to others.
“In areas with substantial and high transmission, CDC recommends fully vaccinated people wear masks in public, indoor settings to help prevent the spread of the delta variant, and protect others. This includes schools,” Walensky said. The CDC recommends that everyone in grade schools wear masks indoors, “including teachers, staff, students and visitors, regardless of vaccination status.”

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyl...having-pfizer-jab/U2HXMBBCYSWOMLTONGZGX5WADY/
Social media has exploded with reports from women stating their breasts had "got bigger" – many wondering if they were imagining their symptoms.

"I feel like my boobs got bigger because of Pfizer or am I just hallucinating," one wrote on Twitter.

"I can confirm from personal experience that pfizer does indeed make ur boobs grow," another stated on the social media platform.

While one wrote: "Can confirm that the pfizer vax makes ur boobs grow ffs."

Many more shared their shock and delight at the change they've encountered with their body post-vaccination.

On TikTok others have shared videos of their breasts after being vaccinated, with a woman in the UK reporting she had gone up two cup sizes, from an A to a C.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
You are free to write your opinions just as Wendy is. You also need to accept conflicting opinions. Pretty simple. Now it would be nice to return to the topic at hand rather than look for arguments. You are also free to do everything you mentioned. Tolerance? That said politics have no place in this or most forums so leave them out.

What is so difficult about a focus on the pandemic and only the pandemic?

Ron
You talk way more about no politics than anyone else talks about real political opinions. Saying "masks and vaccinations have been politicized" is hardly "talking politics" my overly-sensitive friend.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
New requests are being made to re-mask now, simply because we call still get and pass the virus to others. Also recommended for Schools.

I have no issues with it, just reduces the amount of people who question if I’m vaxxed or not. Meanwhile I‘ve been doing it anyway,

Ahem, I just don’t want to get your stuff, no matter what it is, colds, flu, bad breath, etc.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.