Copper connectors input quick question

Houseist

Joined Nov 28, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum as a user and a newbie on electronics and circuits.

So, I am checking out the PCB of a DIN rail power meter to better understand its circuit design. On "conn.jpg" you can check the copper conector - the IN is the input for the phase (then the energy is measured) and the phase gets out of the circuit by the OUT terminal.

My questions are as follows:
1) What is the name of this kind of copper input/connector? I have seen rubber ones with screws, but I have not been able to find this one specifically.
2) In "conn.jpg" you can check that the copper plate is the same for "IN" and "OUT". Are they connected or is there some kind of isolation between them? I have seen a via on the PCB connected to the "OUT" so I'm unsure if IN and OUT are connected directly by the copper as I've never seen this kind of screwed input/output.

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

Houseist

Joined Nov 28, 2017
Thank you guys! That's the name I was looking for :)

I have seen that some of these connectors are "separated". But in this case (conn.jpg) the IN and OUT i/o is in the same copper plate. Does this mean that they are connected? Remembering that this is for a single-phase distribution panel, whereby the IN is where the phase enters the circuit and OUT is where the phase exits the circuit.

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
That certainly looks like a single piece of copper in a "U" like shape..
As such both pins are completely connected to each other..

That may be so you can "daisy chain" multiple units together...