Converting from single phase 120V to three phase 480V?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The locals seem so distractable today!
Not enough demand from the visitors to keep us busy.:p

Just a note, threads are going, "Off Topic a lot today.
and don't try to stop me putting mustard on my burger. :mad:
:D
Must be a midwest thing, my wife does that too. Mustard on a hamburger. Oh wait, she is originally from PA.

Ron

Joined Nov 30, 2010
We had firecrackers -- BIG firecrackers. We made pipe bombs using black powder. We explored storm drainage tunnels. We went plinking in the fields with our BB guns and pellet guns. We were true miscreants. Hell, we even rode bikes without helmets!
Even the songs from the '60's are now felonies! "I-e-i-e-i will love you for-eever" is now called, "stalking". :D

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Increasingly I miss the 70's (and increasingly appreciate the freedoms that people enjoyed in the 50's and 60's). We had firecrackers -- BIG firecrackers. We made pipe bombs using black powder. We explored storm drainage tunnels. We went plinking in the fields with our BB guns and pellet guns. We were true miscreants. Hell, we even rode bikes without helmets!
How did we ever survive? Gee, and most of us went on to lead successful and productive lives. Yeah, and then went on to have kids of our own. Many experienced the waking up one day and thinking Oh My God, I have Become My Father. We had really great years to grow up in America during the 50s and 60s.

Ron

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Even the songs from the '60's are now felonies! "I-e-i-e-i will love you for-eever" is now called, "stalking". :D
If only you were truly just joking. There are a number of songs that you only hear redacted versions of. The latest one I recall is Dire Straight's Money for Nothin'.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How did we ever survive? Gee, and most of us went on to lead successful and productive lives. Yeah, and then went on to have kids of our own. Many experienced the waking up one day and thinking Oh My God, I have Become My Father. We had really great years to grow up in America during the 50s and 60s.

Ron
Like many people, particularly boys, we do like the song says and discover that we are immortal for only a limited time. Many (most?) of us remember that seminal moment when we had both the level of maturity AND the close call to finally tell ourselves, "You know, that was really, really, really stupid!" At that moment our lives changed and we actually started applying risk assessment to our actions. We might still do dangerous and even reckless things, but it was no longer with the naïve belief that nothing would or could go wrong. Before that moment we might have had close calls that scared the bejesus out of us, but we lacked the maturity to recognize things for what they were and so once we calmed down we went right back to doing what we were doing. For many of us that moment occurred within a few years of our 21st birthday on one side or the other (though for some it never happens). For me it occurred not too long before my 19th birthday and involved a pipe bomb. Nothing bad happened, but I realized that in my zeal to impress my friends that I had taken an absolutely stupid and insane risk that could have easily been fatal and I remember standing there while all my friends were cheering and being so impressed saying, out-loud in a hushed voice that I know no one else heard, "You know, that was really, really, really stupid!"

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Increasingly I miss the 70's (and increasingly appreciate the freedoms that people enjoyed in the 50's and 60's). We had firecrackers -- BIG firecrackers. We made pipe bombs using black powder. We explored storm drainage tunnels. We went plinking in the fields with our BB guns and pellet guns. We were true miscreants. Hell, we even rode bikes without helmets!
We still do that here. :D

Still doing that here too. (Not the stalking part. Not so much anyway. Shhh I have a window to watch quietly now) o_O

Many (most?) of us remember that seminal moment when we had both the level of maturity AND the close call to finally tell ourselves, "You know, that was really, really, really stupid!"

Yea. did that around 20 years ago as well.:D (and again last week. ) :oops:

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Yea. did that around 20 years ago as well.:D (and again last week. ) :oops: [/QUOTE]

The one last week was a booster shot... I get them every so often myself..;);)