converting 3 speed household electric stand fan to 100v generator

Research Survey

Joined Feb 27, 2016
good day! i have a electric stand fan at home that has 3 buttons for 3 different speed selection. The fan is fully functional when plugged to outlet. However, i need to convert the electric fan motor to function as generator. My idea is to connect a power drill on the shaft of electric motor to function as prime mover rotating the 220v electric fan motor producing at least 100volt . there are 5 pins , the first picture uploaded is the wiring diagram from the Standard electric fan,
15271394_10206514799903849_585919587_o.jpg

the 2nd picture is the resembled article based on my research http://waterheatertimer.org/How-to-wire-3-speed-fan-switch.html -under 3 speed motor

The goal of this project is to convert a motor to function as generator. The only testing parameter to be done is to connect an voltmeter across the terminal. Can someone who was familiar with motors guide me through the process.

From class lecture, we know that generating terminal voltage requires:
1. energized field winding
2. mechanical work rotating the motor.

i tried connecting a ac voltmeter across the ac plugs, the max voltage i can get is only 10V ac considering the prime mover rotating at max speed and trying on other speeds.

Hoping for a guide. Many thanks

Research Survey

Joined Feb 27, 2016
what kind of motor do you recommend to generate 100volts and where can i find one if i will be recycling from household appliance.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
what kind of motor do you recommend to generate 100volts and where can i find one if i will be recycling from household appliance.
You can find permanent magnet (ECM) motors now in many appliances, Electronically Commutated, such as furnace motors and washing machines, but do you need constant frequency? as the freq with vary with rpm.
You can also obtain close to 100vac with a auto alternator from a wrecker, just remove the regulator and feed the field direct.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Interesting from an academic stand point, but I see no valid practical application, too many uncontrollable variables.
The only thing close to this that I have used is the RPC in order to obtain 3 ph from 240v 1ph using a 3ph motor.
Max.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Sorry Albert. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

Got to the party a little late and went thru the background material to fast to notice that.