conversion of pspice to ltspice

grad-student

Joined Nov 19, 2014
Hello,
I am working on a project where I need to use power MOSFET. I downloaded MOSFET library which is in PSpice but I want it work in LTspice instead. Can anybody help with conversion of PSpice to LTspice?

grad-student

Joined Nov 19, 2014
hey MikeML,
The folder contains libraries of many transistors. I am only interested in one of these:

IPP65R190E6_L3
IPP65R280E6_L3
IPP65R380E6_L3
IPP65R600E6_L3

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
1. Unzip the file you provided into the subdirectory where you creating your LTSpice schematic. It contains two files. Rename the one that ends in .lib to be Infineon.lib (to shorten its name). Delete the app note file (or not).

2. to verify that LTSpice can find the lib file, do file/open/Infineon.lib. It should open in a text window inside LTSpice.

3. Get the symbol file below NMOSsub.asy and save it in the subdirectory where you are creating your LTSpice schematic.

4. Create a schematic. When you get to where you want to insert one of the Infineon FETs, insert an instance of the NMOSsub.asy (not nmos). To do this, click on the little nand gate icon, and change the TOP DIRECTORY pull-down to point to your local subdirectory, and then select the NMOSsub.asy from the list of available symbols. Remember to change it back if looking for a standard part.

5. Now change the string subckt on the NMOS symbol to IPP65R190E6_L3 (or any of the valid .subckt names in the lib file.)

6. Now add this directive to the schematic: .include .\infineon.lib

7. You should have a simulatable circuit.

I have included a small test file you can unzip into a clean subdirectory which you can look at.

Attachments

grad-student

Joined Nov 19, 2014
1. Unzip the file you provided into the subdirectory where you creating your LTSpice schematic. It contains two files. Rename the one that ends in .lib to be Infineon.lib (to shorten its name). Delete the app note file (or not).

2. to verify that LTSpice can find the lib file, do file/open/Infineon.lib. It should open in a text window inside LTSpice.

3. Get the symbol file below NMOSsub.asy and save it in the subdirectory where you are creating your LTSpice schematic.

4. Create a schematic. When you get to where you want to insert one of the Infineon FETs, insert an instance of the NMOSsub.asy (not nmos). To do this, click on the little nand gate icon, and change the TOP DIRECTORY pull-down to point to your local subdirectory, and then select the NMOSsub.asy from the list of available symbols. Remember to change it back if looking for a standard part.

5. Now change the string subckt on the NMOS symbol to IPP65R190E6_L3 (or any of the valid .subckt names in the lib file.)

I have included a small test file you can unzip into a clean subdirectory which you can look at.
I worked on it and I used L3 model and its working really well. Thank you so much for your help.

Fountain

Joined Oct 14, 2015

Hi

I need to convert UCC28711 from Pspice to LTspice. I am trying to follow steps described above, but not sure about step 3 i.e. where to get symbol file.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I just opened the .lib file, and it is an encrypted file. The #%%$## dickheads at TI have encrypted all of their Spice models in such a way that they force you to use their crappy Webbench application..., which in turn is nothing but a marketing ploy to get you to buy a PSpice license.

I for one am boycotting TI parts in my designs because of this...

Last edited:

Fountain

Joined Oct 14, 2015
I just opened the .lib file, and it is an encrypted file. The #%%$## dickheads at TI have encrypted all of their Spice models in such a way that they force you to use their crappy Webbench application...

I for one am boycotting TI parts in my designs because of this...
Hi MikeML

I asked TI for an unencrypted model. Their reply: "only per our distributors' request and assessing their customers' projects". Not very helpful as I need it fast.
The irony is the transformer designed to work with this chip, the spice model is available in LTspice and the chip spice model only in Pspice. The reason I wanted to simulate is because my flyback SMPS prototype is not working because there's no voltage on the auxiliary to provide energy to the VDD to switch the IC on. Any idea as to why this is?

Thanks for your help.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There is a reason AAC has all thesese notices about necroposting. and it is discouraged, Your ods of getting more help are pretty slim.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yes, please. I wish you luck, on this subject I don't have any expertese. t may be a good idea to show a URL link to this thread in your post.