Controller, MC2100-12A transformer

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Correct, I could only find off-board mount for that Va & voltage.
I f you go that route, I can show the connections on to the board.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Looking at the board again, I see that MOV1 appears to have a burn mark below it?
If this is shot, it looks like the board may have had a power surge and the reason for the fried transformer.

JJJ35

Joined Jun 8, 2021
Yea thats what i mentioned in one of the forst posts. Grandparents had a power surge and fried the transformer. So you think there could be mire damage to the board? I thought the transformer was designed to blow. The transformer is burned.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
MOVs are designed to or attempt to suppress surges, if the surge is large enough, they commit suicide in the attempt! :oops:
It will be difficult to tell until power is restored to the board, whether any other damage has occured.

JJJ35

Joined Jun 8, 2021
May be time to just trash the PCB and replace it.

1639709, member: 212212"]
MOVs are designed to or attempt to suppress surges, if the surge is large enough, they commit suicide in the attempt! :oops:
It will be difficult to tell until power is restored to the board, whether any other damage has occured.
[/QUOTE]

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is either that, or replace the MOV and transformer and see what else shows signs of failure, if anything?
If you had a 12v supply, mains or battery, you could sub the transformer supply and power it up and see.

JJJ35

Joined Jun 8, 2021
i dont have any of that. Time i bought transformer, equipment etc… id be pushing 100$ and an entire replacement board is 150$.

JJJ35

Joined Jun 8, 2021
Different places online. I have the board number. Its a treadmill motor control board. They still sell direct replacements for the entire PCB.

JJJ35

Joined Jun 8, 2021
texas. P/P? I believe there is a 50-60$ refundable core charge on that too, which is no big deal.
i believe it was 199$ new, with free shipping.