Controller board diagnosis , can I fix it?

keyth

Joined Apr 6, 2020
New here so hello everyone :) , I'm really hoping someone can help me diagnose this controller board , It's from a York fitness 101 treadmill, the way things are in the world at the moment my family really would benefit if I could get this working, It was purchased new on a whim a few years back, used for two months only then put away, plugged it in yesterday it started to work then witnessed a spark from the control board area and off it went, from what I have checked so far the motor runs OK of a battery but as for the board, power goes in but doesn't come out, I decided to remove both mosfets to test with a basic multimeter (better on on the way) it looks like an old screw had fallen in and had crossed the source and drain on the upper mosfet (as pictured) , What damage would this have done? , both mosfets seem to test as they should, could someone give me some advice on what to test/check

Attachments

keyth

Joined Apr 6, 2020
Hi, Yes I forgot to mention that mains lead fuse is fine the control board fuse is fine , the user display panel goes through the different programs OK , it counts down for program start but the motor doesn't run