Continuous to discrete modeling in MATLAB/Simulink

nosueva

Joined Jan 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to post this question.

We have a fully functioning 150 kW frequency converter machine that I have been tasked to model in Simulink, in order to help with future developments. I have developed a continuous model of the whole system (active front end rectifiers, dc-dc converter, and back end inverter) in Simulink and the results are very similar to what I had expected under various loads.

However, we are using TI DSPs as the main processor and in order to properly capture the true dynamics of the machine, I have to discretize my continuous model. This is where I am having issues. I have used the right sample times, used signal propagation delays, zero order holds on feedback samples, converted all my s-domains to z-domains, and still not getting the expected simulation results similar to the continuous model.

Do you have recommendations for any reading material for developing embedded controls in the MATLAB/Simulink environment?

Thank you.