Continuous output magnetron possible?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Clearly you are referencing a quite different thread. This thread is about the high voltage thread for a magnetron plasma generator power supply, which uses a high voltage transformer.
Did you READ Post #4 of THIS thread in which the THREAD STARTER of THIS thread said,

Off to a really bad start here. Hit some wrong button and it posted when I'd barely written anything, and then it dumped my entire post when I tried to edit it because I took longer than 10 min. Now I don't see any way to edit it. Sorry. Let me try again:
Main issue is the pulsed nature of my magnetron to ionize plasma. I already have a 700W magnetron from an oven running satisfactorily- getting plenty of output into the vacuum chamber. If possible, I need to convert the pulsed microwave output to continuous.
Don't know the model of the oven anymore- it's long gone. FWIW, the transformer is iron core with a doubler circuit using a .75uf 2100V cap.
After exhausting google and searching this forum, here's what I came up with. Convert wall outlet to continuous 120V DC with a full wave bridge rectifier, then a 680uf cap in parallel. I also need continuous 120V DC for some tungsten emitters, so If a different cap would work better- let me know.
A reply to an old post on this forum suggested taking 2 MOTs and wiring their secondary output in series to get from 2k to 4kV. I always thought this was a no-no, but no one rebuked that reply either. So, can I take the continuous output 120V DC from the above circuit and feed that into 2 MOTs in series, then to the magnetron? Seems to easy to be true. Thanks for any help.
To which I pointed out, in response to THAT post in THIS thread by the THREAD STARTER of THIS thread that doing what he was talking about would not produce 120 VDC? That is independent of whether he should or should not want to be producing 120 VDC.

What is the problem? Why are you making such a big deal over a thread that died in less than 24 hours of the initial post more than four and a half years ago?