connectors for antenna

aac9876

Joined Dec 9, 2006
for a 2.4g radio circuit...... i need to connect a usb maleA to a sma
connector. its for putting a small amp inline to boost signal.
can you get such a connector??:confused:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I seriously doubt it since USB and SMA have entirely different purposes. If you still think it's a great idea, you could probably have a model shop make one for you. Who knows it might catch on and you could become the Tsar of Connectors.

aac9876

Joined Dec 9, 2006
it is a usb powered yagi antenna called a wifire. Often there are weak signals open but could use a bit more power to pick them up.
I have a 1 watt 2.4g amp. the ends of it are little sma. I would need
to connect a male usbA end to the sma on one side. Then I would connect
the other end sma ,amp,to the usbA female on the yagi. the yagi is about 3 inches long. thats the story. I emailed the maker to see what they think.
its a really good little antenna that picks up about twice as many signals as my built in wifi on my Toshiba. I might make one. and will probably be
rich and famous at that point.:eek:

kender

Joined Jan 17, 2007
it is a usb powered yagi antenna called a wifire. Often there are weak signals open but could use a bit more power to pick them up.
I have a 1 watt 2.4g amp. the ends of it are little sma. I would need
to connect a male usbA end to the sma on one side. Then I would connect
the other end sma ,amp,to the usbA female on the yagi. the yagi is about 3 inches long. thats the story. I emailed the maker to see what they think.
its a really good little antenna that picks up about twice as many signals as my built in wifi on my Toshiba. I might make one. and will probably be
rich and famous at that point.:eek:
A little block diagram could help a lot here. I couldn't find the datasheet for wifire either. Could you post a link please?

Do you want to pump 2.4GHz through a USB cable? If so, it's not going to work, because the USB cable is not made for RF. To begin with, it doesn't have 50ohm inmpedance. If you post a block diagram, I can find the right cable for you.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Ok. The Wifire adaptor takes the USB data and uses it to modulate the 2.4 GHz carrier. There is circuitry inside to accomplish this. You can't push USB data over an antenna as is.