Connecting motor, timer and power.

ksh1204

Joined Dec 4, 2007
Hello, I am an international students who studies in Texas. Sorry for my poor english...

I am currently assembling a simple machine for my research, which include a timer and a motor.

The wiring diagram for motor from manufacturer says;
``````white -----\
``````red -----------line
````|-black -----/
cap.=
````|- black -----\___ins
``````purple ----/

``````orange ---\
``````blue ---------- line
``````yellow ----/

If I am going to wire the motor directly to the power outlet using a three pronged wire (115V:black,white,green), it would be line-black, line-white connection, and black and purple line in ins connected together (This is my guess so it can be wrong)

The bigger problem is that I have no idea how to connect a timer that has 4 wires to the motor. I want to connect like this: 115volts-timer-motor.

The timer has 4 wires: black(hot), white(common), red(load), and green(ground). Though I have a wiring diagram for timer from manufacturer, it is for the wall mounted light switch, and it does not seem to be helpful in this case.

This question might be simple who have a good understanding in circuits, but I have neighter knowledge nor good place or person to ask. So it would be helpful if you can help me on this problem. I appreciate for you guys in advance. Thank you~

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Does this motor lack a centrifugal start/run switch? In other words, does it require a motor control relay?

Can you tell us the manufacturer name and motor part number?

ksh1204

Joined Dec 4, 2007
Thank you for your reply.

This is the wiring diagram for motor from manufacturer, and the next one is the wiring diagram for timer from manufacturer.

[Dayton Permanent Split Capacitor Gearmotors 2H441. I will use 115 volts power.

[Intermatic EI200 Electronic in-wall countdown timer]

Thanks again.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
A password is required to view the utexas.edu documents. Can you host them elsewhere?

And can you edit the post containing the unaccessible links so that we need not view the pop-up box requesting the passwords?

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
A password is required to view the utexas.edu documents. Can you host them elsewhere?

And can you edit the post containing the unaccessible links so that we need not view the pop-up box requesting the passwords?
Agree! This would be preferable, as a box appears twice when I'm seeing or replying to this thread.