Connecting Mosfet

Poppa D

Joined Aug 30, 2020
Connecting Mosfet
Magnavox 22ME402V/F7, power board BA21N0F0102-1
No power, fuse blown, bought repair kit and installed about 12 components on this section of board, when removing Mosfet Q601 board damaged this is pic of bottom of board
1599127616515.png
Am trying to determine where to attach legs of mosfet

Wiring diagram, assuming this is top of board, D is to the right of G and when looking at from the bottom D would be to the left of G
1599127692907.png
This goes to D608
If reading this correctly D and S would attach to opposite sides of C606 and G would attach to C607

Printed circuit board diagram from the BOTTOM
1599127771408.png
Looks like D and G are connected to C606 and S is connected to D607 which does not agree with wiring diagram. So which way do I connect legs of mosfet?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The schematic shows D607 connected to the Gate; you show it connected to Source. There are probably other errors. Here's the pinout for TK5A50D (Source: Mouser):

1599132239653.png

Unless the pins were wildly bent. what you have labeled "S" is probably G; your label "G" is probably D; and your label "D" is probably S. C606 should be between Drain and Source.

It also appears you removed the pads, Were they "plated through?" If so, you have some major effor ahead of you to repair the board. If the board is single sided, you still have repairs to do, but they will be simpler.

Poppa D

Joined Aug 30, 2020
jpanhalt, Thank you for clearing this up, thought wiring diagram would have correct positioning but evidently it doesn't. Once above changes were realized everything agrees. Board is single sided so with steady hand at soldering, might not be too hard to install mosfet to correct componets. Plan on updating once all parts in place (correctly)

Poppa D

Joined Aug 30, 2020
After hurricanes Sally (center 40 miles from me) and Delta have finally had time to play with this board. Fuse does not blow, but still not working. Attached pdf and insert is AC voltage readings grounded at power source, multi-meter is not the most accurate voltages would vary 1 to 2 volts each time powered up, but think below will give an idea of what I am dealing with. Any directions on how to proceed on repairs is greatly appreciated. One other question, there seems to be 5V AC on all components on COLD side of board is this normal?
1603186185787.png

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
"Cold side" Do the mean the side that doesn't have components? Or what would be "common" or ground on the component side? In your home, at what AC voltage do the white (grounded) and green (ground) leads sit. I suspect that voltage os from your house supply.

Poppa D

Joined Aug 30, 2020
jpanhalt, this is a power supply board with one area labeled HOT (AC side) and one area labeled COLD (DC side). Ground on the AC side would be the white ground for incoming house current, not sure what green (ground) you are referring to unless it is the ground on the DC area of the board.