Connect audio source to standalone landline phone?

rudyauction8

Joined Jan 27, 2012
I am trying to connect an audio source to a wireless landline phone set. It is not connected to an actual land line, I need it to work on its own transmitting audio from the audio source connected to its phone line to its handsets. Don’t need it to ring, just need to know how to trick the phone into thinking it has a line connected to it. Found tons of info online about on splicing into a working phone line, none relating to what I’m trying to do.

rudyauction8

Joined Jan 27, 2012
A long, long time ago I hooked a 3.5mm aux cord directly to a phone line with no other mods or parts and it worked fine, no luck this time. Wondering if this set looks for the isolation transformer or something else.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Look up Phone Patching. It's used for patching a Ham Radio's audio into a phone line. Might be of some help.

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
A POTS phone operates on a current loop of 20 mA. Nominally, it has an impedance of 600 ohms, so off-hook you should see 12 VDC across the line. On hook (open circuit), I believe the system battery was 48 volts. Ring is nominally 90 VAC/20 Hz.

rudyauction8

Joined Jan 27, 2012
Looked up phone patching and was able to rig up a 14.4v lipo pack through a resistor and isolating transformer and get my phones working. Thanks