Connect an iPhone charger with an android cable?

BackY

Joined Jan 3, 2017
Hello guys, my iPhone charger gave up, so I was wondering if I could connect it to an android one?

Here what I mean:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Both chargers are AC-to-USB adapters. What do you want the cable to do? iPhone cables these days are Lightning cables. Is that what you're using?

Android chargers are just USB power supplies. Basically.

USB in this case is just 4 wires, Vcc (+), Data +, Data - and Ground. In your android cable you should have 4 wires, I can only see 3 in the picture, did one get cut when you were stripping the cable? There should be a Black on in there to.

So Red = Vcc (5v +), Black is Ground. This is really all you need for a charger. Now just using these two wires should get you a slow charge, typically limited to 500mA, but its still a charge and that's better than nothing. Now I believe Apple can be rather pesky when it comes to charger cables and require specific resistances on the Data + and Data - lines to allow charging. This is how fast charging works, specific resistances and voltages are put on to D+ and D- to allow the phone and charger know what they are plugged in to.

I do not know Apple products very well I am afraid so I do not know if just Vcc and Ground will work, it should, but only slowly. Just like if you plugged the phone into a PC using a USB cable.