Conductor volume calculations

the machinist

Joined Apr 1, 2021
Hello, there is a subject I need to research, but unfortunately I could not find a detailed source.
I would be very grateful if you could guide me to investigate. So I can go on and read it myself.
Thank you very much in advance, best regards ...

The calculations of Conductor volume ( Conductor types, Cross section areas, and Norms etc.)

Because of the "etc." thing, what other features should I investigate as well?

the machinist

Joined Apr 1, 2021
What applications do you have for the calculations?
Yes, that is the most crucial point. Unfortunately, my academic refrained from making any other statements and stated that this much information was enough to investigate.

Here is a link Imgur Image that I found from chegg, someone asked it earlier and someone searched something else.
Maybe it can help. But still my mind is very confused. I wanted to research it myself from scratch, but this is a very interesting situation.

the machinist

Joined Apr 1, 2021
The topic is far too large without specification. You need to know if your conductors will be carrying AC or DC, for example. And even then, you need to know what it is you want to know about them.

Here is a very basic first level introduction into conductors.

http://www.tscm.com/NEETS-v04-Conductors.pdf
I am very grateful to this and it lacks the features you call it, I really cannot investigate it. Again, I will ask again my academician as you said, then I will let you know. Thank you, I wish you healthy days ...

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I am very grateful to this and it lacks the features you call it, I really cannot investigate it. Again, I will ask again my academician as you said, then I will let you know. Thank you, I wish you healthy days ...
Do you mean conductor or inductor? Do you know the difference? A conductor is any wire that will transfer current. Look up AWG for American wire information. Be advised however, virtually all electrical wiring information out there, is not actually about the wire, but about the insulation around it- anything near it that can burn. It's a liability issue.

Learn about mils and cmils.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If it is AC, then the frequency of operation can be important because of the skin effect. This is one reason why amateur radio operators use copper pipe for antenna construction. The center of a conductor is of no use. You would be dealing with the volume of an annular ring.