computer power supply repair discussion, fortron 700w

disturbed123

Joined Jun 11, 2020
i`ve bought it not working with learning purposes.

There is broken track on the bottom of the PSU - between the - of the entry electrolytic Capacitor and one diode
i see purple field on the bottom side where is mounted the radiator close to the output voltages. What is the reason for this broken track ?

I see 2 little transformers on the board - which is for the autogenerator? and when you tell me which tell me how to understand in future, not to ask you ?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
The first thing you do is find out the IC's used in that power supply. In your case, that 14 pin IC. That is the main controller.
Once you have that IC details, you / we can Google and get the basic schematic for that PSU.
Then we can proceed.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
I always start with the chip , get the number, + datasheet, it looks like a blow out on the Mains Negative side , possible causes are a short, or over-current.

Take it from past experience you probably won't get it working but hey God loves a tryer!

disturbed123

Joined Jun 11, 2020
there was some dead bug inside the case.

the model of the psu is HP700s.

tommorow will go to work and will tell the controlling ic.

disturbed123

Joined Jun 11, 2020
yes but guide me where to start.

i am not a professional hardware repairer, i`ve got knowlegde how to test element x and y have read a lot times LCD monitor repair from begining to end (about 200 pages) and have read some bulgarian text about computer atx supplys repair.

this is really kinda my dream from a lot of years and i have even brand new osciloscope and others and others

I have technical degree but never have learned repairing computer techniks

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Those are Shockley diodes, also it's an Heatsink not a radiator!

Check the MOSFETS on the heatsink also and any electrolytic caps across the outputs.

The Large yellow transformer is the main pulsing one that feeds the Shockley diodes.

Last edited:

disturbed123

Joined Jun 11, 2020
the three mosfets on the other heatsink are good, the bridge recrifier byc8-600 is
1 - resistor - 3
.2 Ohm

this should be fault.

Put new 4xdiodes + this byc8-600, join the track and power ?