Completing a circuit/triggering by sound

Kr0320

Joined Dec 20, 2015
I want to make a simple circuit that when sound is detected (adjustable) it will simply complete the circuit or trigger a 555 etc and make a buzzer go off. Only while its detecting sound.

Disclaimer: my intentions are in no way shape or form for harming anything or anyone!
My neighbor has a loudddd parrot (Using a bB meter it went up to 103dB, mind you the bird is about 20 meters away) and when it hears the parrot, I want the buzzer to go off.

Please anyone with any ideas, let me know! Thank you.

Kr0320

Joined Dec 20, 2015
Try clap detection circuits,

Edit do you want laser sighting or dirty harry style .. :eek:
Thats a good idea, I didnt think to look that up.

Lol im really not looking to harm anything, kinda just want the neighbors(and parrot) annoyed, they're already aware nobody likes it. There is often bad words being yelled at in the direction of their backyard lol.

Also now that im thinking about it ill def put a cap with the buzzer so its still on/fading out, because you wouldnt be able to hear anything while that thing is screeching!

Off topic: Parrots actually compete with other noises, so essentially it will more or less be stirring it up, fine by me, maybe they'll understand to keep it inside or do something about it...

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Considering that parrots imitate sounds they hear, this could back-fire on you. The parrot will soon be screeching buzzer sounds :).

Kr0320

Joined Dec 20, 2015
Why do you want the buzzer to go off?

To does something passive-aggressive towards the owners.

How do you expect the circuit work ????????
Considering that parrots imitate sounds they hear, this could back-fire on you. The parrot will soon be screeching buzzer sounds :).
Lol I know, its something ill have to deal with if it comes up ;) maybe instead of a buzzer I should have it play Freebird and see how good it is at guitar solo's muahaha

Joined Nov 30, 2010
When my neighbor's dogs were so loud and aggressive that it got my adrenalin going, I made a loop of their barking and used it to desensitize myself.
It had no effect on the dogs, but it helped me stop being alarmed by them.
Basic theory: You can't make anybody else (or their parrot) change, but you can work on changing yourself.
Or you could get a job as a policeman and claim the sound of the bird made you fear for your life.:rolleyes:

Kr0320

Joined Dec 20, 2015
When my neighbor's dogs were so loud and aggressive that it got my adrenalin going, I made a loop of their barking and used it to desensitize myself.
It had no effect on the dogs, but it helped me stop being alarmed by them.
Basic theory: You can't make anybody else (or their parrot) change, but you can work on changing yourself.
Or you could get a job as a policeman and claim the sound of the bird made you fear for your life.:rolleyes:
Sounds like perhaps I may need to go to a psychologist lol

One solution is a pest scarer, they use ultrasonic sounds, ideally you need to find the enemy of the parrot and make that sound.
Had thought of that, a falcon or hawk is one of its main predators, but I didn't look much further into a pest scare type thing.