Compine Two identical 2.1 sound systems

ZAKNORAN

Joined Feb 26, 2019
Hi everyone

First of all I've to admit that I'm newbie to electronics and don't have that much knowledge but i can make small pcp's also can do modifications according to detailed instructions .

Description:-

I have two identical 2.1 sound systems each one has a Bluetooth and 2 rca L/R for audio input, also each system has its own screen showing some music bars while playing sound and showing mode selection (radio-audio input- Bluetooth mode ) beside that also each system has its own remote control that allows me to do the following
1-change between audio rca input , Bluetooth input and radio .
2- control the system volume .
3- change between 5 prest equalizers (to choose the suitable frequencies set for each song ( and it works like a charm, instead of using an equalizers apps , those 5 preset equalizers enhances all kinds of sounds and musics )
4-search and change radio channels.

((There are some numbers buttons in the remote control I think they are for saving radio channels but I didn't know how to use them ))
That's all what remote designed to do ..

The help i need

Although each system generate a crystal clear sound but i have a big room and one system is not enough so I'm wondering am i able to join (connect) the two systems together so i can place the two speakers of one system in room's front corners as a FL&FR and place it's sub in room's middle front
AND
place the two speakers of the other system in room's back corners as a BL&BR and it's sub in room's middle back .

AND be able to stream sound to one Bluetooth of either system (preferably the front one) so streamed sound comes out from both systems simultaneously the four corners speakers + front & bak Subs !!
As well as control both systems simultaneously with one remote control ((preferably the front system)) !! (( is that possible !!! )) we are in 2019 !!

I can do whatever that matter needs
Please if I got a go-through guide with (step by step) instructions. :( :(

Many thanks in advance.

Zak Noran.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
It's going to depend on system. Connecting the audio between the 2 systems is usually not a problem depending on what additional output and inputs are available. This will be a wired setup. In this case you would only need 1 Bluetooth receiver but not sure on the remotes for controlling volume, again depends on the system.
Post a link to your system.
SG

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Some systems are designed to work with multiple speakers, although I'm only familiar with using that ability with stereo pairs. I believe this capability requires Bluetooth 4 or better.

ZAKNORAN

Joined Feb 26, 2019
Some systems are designed to work with multiple speakers, although I'm only familiar with using that ability with stereo pairs. I believe this capability requires Bluetooth 4 or better.
Many thanks for your reply
Regarding the Bluetooth I don't think its Bluetooth 4 , but couldn't we use the Bluetooth receiver of one system and link it to the second system to deliver sound signal to both systems!! By the way is it helpful to combine both systems electronic parts to a new custom housing and install outlets for each system speakers and sub individually??

ZAKNORAN

Joined Feb 26, 2019
It's going to depend on system. Connecting the audio between the 2 systems is usually not a problem depending on what additional output and inputs are available. This will be a wired setup. In this case you would only need 1 Bluetooth receiver but not sure on the remotes for controlling volume, again depends on the system.
Post a link to your system.
SG
Thanks for your reply

Would you please tell me what you mean by my system SG !!

I'm sorry I told you that I'm not an expert in electronics.

Appreciation.

ZAKNORAN

Joined Feb 26, 2019
I
Idont have like this Datasheet .

By the way I'm wondering is it easier to upgrade one system by connect the two output rca to a simple stereo amplifier to run the four speakers together and also connect the wire that goes to the sub to another simple amplifier with two channels to run the two subs !!! By that way we avoid the complicated issue of controlling the two systems with one remote control.
Is that solution easier or not?

ZAKNORAN

Joined Feb 26, 2019
Hi everyone

I'm wondering whether is it easier to upgrade one system by connect the two output rca to a simple stereo amplifier to run the four speakers together and also connect the wire that goes to the sub to another simple amplifier with two channels to run the two subs !!! By that way we avoid the complicated issue of controlling the two systems with one remote control.

Is that a better solution !!
If so what amplifier (or components) do I need to connect to the two rca speakers outlets which designed to run only 2x 5W to achieve double output power to be able to run 4x 5W speakers?
Similarly what amplifier (or components) do i need to connect to the line that goes to the system sub speaker to double its output power to be able to run the two subwoofers?

Please advise me .

Many thanks in advance.

ZAK NORAN

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
... couldn't we use the Bluetooth receiver of one system and link it to the second system to deliver sound signal to both systems!!
Oh, OK, I misunderstood. Are you saying all speakers can be wired to the same central location, which might use two amplifiers? I thought you wanted to do this all over bluetooth. It should be possible to get both amplifiers using the same input signal and distributing that to the speakers over wires. Does either device have an output, even a headphone jack?

ZAKNORAN

Joined Feb 26, 2019
No output at
Oh, OK, I misunderstood. Are you saying all speakers can be wired to the same central location, which might use two amplifiers? I thought you wanted to do this all over bluetooth. It should be possible to get both amplifiers using the same input signal and distributing that to the speakers over wires. Does either device have an output, even a headphone jack?
Unfortunately there is no outputs at all except the 2 rca jacks for the L&R speakers.

By the way did you looked at my reply which I described another solution ?

I'll be appreciated if you read it and give me your opinion .

Thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm wondering whether is it easier to upgrade one system by connect the two output rca to a simple stereo amplifier to run the four speakers together and also connect the wire that goes to the sub to another simple amplifier with two channels to run the two subs !!! By that way we avoid the complicated issue of controlling the two systems with one remote control.

Is that a better solution !!
Yes, I think so.
If so what amplifier (or components) do I need to connect to the two rca speakers outlets which designed to run only 2x 5W to achieve double output power to be able to run 4x 5W speakers?
Similarly what amplifier (or components) do i need to connect to the line that goes to the system sub speaker to double its output power to be able to run the two subwoofers?
How do you want to power this system? If you can use line power I would look for an A/V receiver meant to be used for home theater applications. This may well have a dedicated subwoofer output to solve that problem for you. Or you could even use just a stereo hifi amplifier that has jacks for multiple stereo pairs. These may have an A/B/Both speaker selector switch, for example. But then you would need a separate amplifier for the subs.

Just a word of advice - the quality of a sound system depends very heavily on the quality of the speakers. I don't recall the exact rule of thumb but if you have a certain budget, you want to put something like 80% into the speakers and the balance into the electronics. I still have the first speakers I bought decades ago and they're still good quality. I also have the electronics I bough then, but those have been on "basement duty" for a very long time.

ZAKNORAN

Joined Feb 26, 2019
Unfortunately there is no outputs at all except the 2 rca jacks for the L&R speakers.

I'll be appreciated ifyou read it and give me your opinion .

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Depending on the power and speaker load specification of the amplifier, you might be able to connect to two speakers each in parallel or series.

Assuming for discussion that each speaker is 8Ωs. Connecting them in parallel is a 4Ω load. Connecting them in parallel is a 16Ω load.

If the amplifier can drive a range of 4-8Ωs, connect each speaker for each output in parallel.

If the amplifier can drive a range of 8-16Ωs, connect the speakers in series.

If the range is 4-16Ωs, it’s your choice.

You have to be careful with the speaker’s phase.
In series, connect - to + to - to +.
In parallel, connect - to - and + to +.

I’ve connected 16 speakers in a serial/parallel combination successfully, driven with a 300W amp for a walk-through Haunted House. So I know this can work.

Last edited:

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Your audio system is not going work the way you want it to even if you could modify it.
In this case I would upgrade to a 5.2 surround sound amp like a Denon AVRS530BT with built in bluetooth receiver. Operated in the stereo mode you will have 4 speaker output with 2 sub outputs you can connect to separate sub amps.
SG