commercial skipping on live TV

Seems to me the only way to get a continuous live feed would be to find the frequency of the live feed that the television stations get and tap into it somehow. But it would still be sort of like watching commercials because you'd most likely be watching people at the live event yawn, talk, doze off and so on... much like C SPAN during breaks on the floor of the House or Senate. ;)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Seems to me the only way to get a continuous live feed would be to find the frequency of the live feed that the television stations get and tap into it somehow. But it would still be sort of like watching commercials because you'd most likely be watching people at the live event yawn, talk, doze off and so on... much like C SPAN during breaks on the floor of the House or Senate. ;)
Good luck. The feeds are pretty complicated affairs often with many cameras feeding into a mixing booth and then the resulting composited signal shot up to a satellite (and probably encrypted, but I don't know).

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Back when I had a Free To Air motorized Satellite dish it was possible to occasionally pick up live feeds at sporting events, often included a break watching a camera man eating a sandwich!
Max.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
on a live feed, you couldnt fastforeward to get rid of commercials, that would take time travel. in the old days of vcr's, there was a method of eliminating commercials while recording, based on comercials are louder than regular programming, paused record till the comercial was gone.