colpitts oscillator problem

Amir Sarikhan

Joined May 29, 2015
Hi all
I have a problem with colpitts oscillator
I have a circuit (I uploaded it).
so I use 4700p caps and various amounts of inductor my transistor is 2SC3355 not on spice
Problem is that when I remove inductor ,like second schematic I get oscillation about 200Khz .
I calculated and I get that I must have 270uH inductance for this oscillation but where is that ?
also when I replace inductor like 56u I get higher frequency but what is my total inductance ?
Please help me I get confused .

Attachments

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The feed back is determined by the ratio of C1 to C2. That is the most critical aspect of the Colpitts oscillator, with respect to starting, and stability.

Amir Sarikhan

Joined May 29, 2015
The feed back is determined by the ratio of C1 to C2. That is the most critical aspect of the Colpitts oscillator, with respect to starting, and stability.
Hi
Yes but why that oscillation I mentioned above occurs ?

Amir Sarikhan

Joined May 29, 2015
Hello
I just want to say that I tested my circuit on pcb instead of bread board and I get the true results
But I do not get the answer "Why on breadboard it oscillates on 200Khz ? "

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Solderless breadboards have a lot of parasitic capacitance and tend to result in circuits with a lot of parasitic inductance, as well.

Amir Sarikhan

Joined May 29, 2015
Solderless breadboards have a lot of parasitic capacitance and tend to result in circuits with a lot of parasitic inductance, as well.
Yes of course but 270uh is not a little large value for breadboard inductance ?