Circuit with audio buttons.

Lassesp

Joined Jun 24, 2022
Hi
Im had a plan to make a simple wooden console with audio buttons, but i cant find a circuit board, where its possible to load the audio myself. Can you help?
Best regards

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Search for “Sound Modules”. Some have triggers for multiple sounds, so if it can fit all of your sounds, you need just one module.

Do the buttons do anything else? If so, you have to match up the voltage required for the module/ triggers and your other functions.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
"Audio Buttons"?????? Do you mean buttons for switching audio? Or buttons that respond to audio?? Why would those need to be in a wooden console??
To provide any answer that is not a random guess I need a much more detailed description of what it all does.

Lassesp

Joined Jun 24, 2022
"Audio Buttons"?????? Do you mean buttons for switching audio? Or buttons that respond to audio?? Why would those need to be in a wooden console??
To provide any answer that is not a random guess I need a much more detailed description of what it all does.
Terribly sorry, let me explain better :)
Buttons that - when pressed - play a sound effect that has been loaded into the circuit.
It will be mounted in a wooden airplaine cockpit and wooden car for my local kindergarten (positioned indoors)
Hope thos clears it up. Sorry if my terminology i all wrong...

Best regards

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
In addition to the above you may want to try a Google of "ISD Chipcorder". ISD developed the technology and Nuvoton owns the rights. There are plenty of off the shelf modules which are inexpensive depending on how much duration you want? Many run from 60 seconds to 16 minuets. Addressable so you can push a button and get whatever tract you want.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Terribly sorry, let me explain better :)
Buttons that - when pressed - play a sound effect that has been loaded into the circuit.
It will be mounted in a wooden airplaine cockpit and wooden car for my local kindergarten (positioned indoors)
Hope thos clears it up. Sorry if my terminology i all wrong...

Best regards
OK, now with a clear description the requirement is understood. And the actual push buttons are the very simplest portion of the whole package. The challenge that I see is the requirement for ZERO power consumption in the
off" state. That is mandatory because the system will be battery powered, and kids will never remember to switch it off when they are done. Further, those adults in charge will usually be clue-less about changing batteries, and replacement batteries will probably not be a common resource nearby.
I have seen battery powered devices discarded as scrap because the battery was depleted, and thus the device was inoperative and considered broken.
THus the maximum possible battery life is required, again meaning ZERO standby power consumption. This makes the control interface more complicated.