circuit to measure changes in human skin resistane

ART2

Joined Jul 21, 2004
I would appreciate any ideas for putting together a circuit, perhaps using OP AMPS, to measure the change in human skin resistence as a potential method for a "relaxtion" device.

assuming the human body, between left and right hands may have a 'dry' skin value of 50KΩ, a small change needs to be detected. Perhaps a differential amplifier?

I am looking forward to any ideas.

thanks,
Art

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi art,

i believe you have the right idea. pls. let us know if you already a working circuit. by the way use a precision differential op-amp. :)

ART2

Joined Jul 21, 2004
Originally posted by mozikluv@Jul 22 2004, 03:23 AM
hi art,

i believe you have the right idea. pls. let us know if you already a working circuit. by the way use a precision differential op-amp. :)
I do not have a practical idea of the circuit, yet. I would like ideas regarding real world components that would be the right match for the objective. I believe that the display of the output should be some kind of an analog display (meter) or a graphic representation (as on a PC). I do not believe that a digital readout would be a good idea because the human mind has to go through extra steps to determine what is being displayed.

I was looking at the BASIC-STAMP manual and it has a feature that allows the reading of a resistor value. I have never used the STAMP gadget but perhaps that would be one way to make the ciruit and have an interface to a PC?

Once the circuit is working I would like to add a dampening feature in order to make the response usable.

Do you think modeling the basic circuit (OP AMP) using EWB would be useful?

I appreciate your help.

...Art

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi ARTand "beenthere"

art - i can't give you the answer to you question coz am not sure about it. i don't want to give misleading ideas.

i believe "beenthere" can have something tosay about your project. PM him if youlike.