Check for errors before production

Eirikki

Joined Apr 30, 2016
Can you review this schematic to see if you can find anything that might cause a short or error or if there is any wrong wiring e.t.c.?
Whould be much appreciated :)
Sincerly, Eirik

Attachments

bushrat

Joined Nov 29, 2014
Before you build this, you do realize that all of the BOM parts are SMT, right ?
Building this with the exact parts provided is beyond of capabilities of 99% of EE students, unless you own a circuit manufacturing company..

Eirikki

Joined Apr 30, 2016
Before you build this, you do realize that all of the BOM parts are SMT, right ?
Building this with the exact parts provided is beyond of capabilities of 99% of EE students, unless you own a circuit manufacturing company..
Not all of them...
and im gonna use a stencil and apply solderpaste myself, place components myself
and reflow with a industrial (in line) reflow oven

bushrat

Joined Nov 29, 2014
For 6 years, i worked in circuit board manufacturing plant (Creation Technologies Inc), I seen how it's done.. If you are capable of doing it yourself, then you have a talent there..

bushrat

Joined Nov 29, 2014
It's possible, but the question is, have YOU done it before?
Just because youtube shows how to do it, does not mean that you have the capability or knowlede to do it.. I seen a guy on youtube benchpress 500 lbs, can i do it too?

R207 is a 0402 component.. picture taken by me under microscope. A penny to scale (I know, it's not a banana)

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Can you review this schematic to see if you can find anything that might cause a short or error or if there is any wrong wiring e.t.c.?
Whould be much appreciated :)
Sincerly, Eirik
You want US to do a checkplot for you? A checkplot is very tedious undertaking. My quick answer to you is learn how to do it yourself. Get yourself some colored markers, print out both a schematic and all layers of your PCB (use the PCB GERBERS). You will also need the datasheet of EVERY DEVICE on your board.

First, check the schematic and the PCB for the correct pinouts and package configuration of every device you have used.

Second, start somewhere on your schematic and highlight a single net. Find that net on the PCB and highlight that all connections are made. It is best to print out your board to as large as you can get (up to 1 meter by 2 meters). Use the same scale for ALL layers and overlay them into the correct PCB stackup, like a book. Staple them on one edge, so that you can flip through them while you mark off the traces. Now continue this until ALL nets on the schematic and ALL traces have been accounted for. Once you have completed this, you will have confidence in your PCB and can proceed to fabrication.

Yes, it's hard and it's ugly, but it is also a necessary task. You will be well served learning to complete this task - on your own.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
With a project like this, I typically need to make PCB's 2 or 3 times to get it 100% right.

Nobody can catch all the errors on the first try, unless it's super simple, or you are super lucky.