Challenging NMOS amplifier question

danatic

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Good day all,

I have this question regarding MOSFET amplifier and have attached the workings. I find analog electronics really challenging and would appreciate if you could help me run through my workings to see if they are in order.
Question: https://imgur.com/a/E7AH9du

Last edited:

danatic

Joined Jul 4, 2015
What sort of information do you want to get from us?
Hi Jony,

It would be a great help if I can get a second opinion as to whether I approach this question correctly, especially if the concepts I used to get the answers are correct. I have had to type write and draw the circuits myself and it took me over a week just to get this done.

As you might know, there are alot of nuances in analog circuit analysis, thus I'm guessing not many ppl have the knowledge required to tackle this problem. It would be insane to ask one person to evaluate all my workings thus, feel free to pick whichever part that you feel is interesting to you.

It drove me nuts trying to solve this question by myself but I realised alot of it has to do with concepts and not complexity.

Last edited:

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
I've checked your calculations and your DC point and voltage gain calculations look good to me. Even the new RI value to gets unity gain looks good.
Because the gain is (RD||RL)/(1/gm + RI) = 2kΩ/(0.5kΩ + RI)

So, well done.

danatic

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Hi Jony, thank you so much for taking the time to verify my answers. I really appreciate it as I put in a ton of effort to understand this question and it would be very devastating if I got this wrong. Since my workings are correct, this thread can be locked. =D