Challenging Circuit

parshu_hotkar

Joined Oct 30, 2005
Hi ! I have a Challenging Circuit quetion!

Design a circuit 4 measuring speed of walking man .
No ICs r allowed.Use only simple components!

W'll se how many of u can solve this problem!

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by parshu_hotkar@Oct 30 2005, 11:43 AM

[post=11356]Quoted post[/post]​
R U allowed 2 use any 4mula 4 the design

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by parshu_hotkar@Oct 30 2005, 11:43 AM

[post=11356]Quoted post[/post]​
What do we get if we can solve it? :p

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hello

is this your way of asking for a schem of that circuit function? since no ic will be used then its discrete parts that has to be employed which translates to time and effort of designing that circuitry. so what do we get from this?

moz

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
What happened to doing this out of the goodness in your hearts :p. lol, whats the point of this, to waste time to complish nothing for a cause or contest in which hardly anyone is competing in? Sorta confused on this purpose?

-fire

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by Firestorm@Nov 7 2005, 11:20 PM
What happened to doing this out of the goodness in your hearts :p. lol, whats the point of this, to waste time to complish nothing for a cause or contest in which hardly anyone is competing in? Sorta confused on this purpose?

-fire
[post=11507]Quoted post[/post]​
hi fire,

don't get confused. remember this is a homework forum. we can only guide and let the person do somemore research so he could fully grasp the function of each part. and another thing the circuit is not an off-the shelf circuit design. :lol:

moz

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Sounds like a little mini project for school..

hmmm... try thinking out of the box?

For instance, spool of thread attached to the ground at reference point, spool its part of the circuit. Make some form of mechanical switch (like brushes in a DC motor) as part of the spool. As the thread is pulled off of it, it will spin and you can use a fairly simple difference amplifier setup with a few transistors to cause a led to flicker. Its rate of flicker is proportional to the speed of the spinning spool = walking speed.

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
O I gotcha, I was skimming it a lil' too quickly. Wish I had time to try out some circuits again, school work sucks! Thanks for the clarification.